Citizenship and Naturalization
Garza & Associates know there are few better feelings than recognition of your U.S. Citizenship. In the U.S., citizenship is obtained by birth, within the territory of the United States or to U.S. citizen parents, or by naturalization.
Our lawyers can assist you in obtaining a certificate of your citizenship.
Naturalization is the process by which the United States gives citizenship to foreign nationals after they fulfill the requirements established by the United States Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
The requirements for administrative naturalization include:
- A period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States
- Residence in a particular state prior to filing
- An ability to read, write, and speak English
- A knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government
- Good moral character
- Attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution
- Favorable disposition toward the United States.
Certain individuals are eligible to apply for naturalization without having to speak English or take the naturalization exam.
We provide quality legal services to persons seeking to become citizens of the United States through naturalization.
Serving Houston-area immigration and naturalization needs
Garza & Associates, Attorneys at Law serve clients with immigration and nationality matters from Houston-area offices in Bellaire, TX. If you or your family have residency, deportation, or citizenship legal issues, call (713) 664-6200, or contact us online today.